‘Adam’ has been selected as a finalist for the 2014 Archibald Prize.
Adam Goodes is an AFL football legend. In 2014 he was named Australian of the Year for his advocacy addressing racism in Australia.
The Archibald Prize was first awarded in 1921. It is one of Australia’s most prestigious art awards for portraiture and is held annually at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
The Archibald Prize is judged by the trustees of the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
19 July – 28 September 2014
Art Gallery of New South Wales
Art Gallery Road
The Domain, 2000
Archibald Prize 2014 tour dates:
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery: 4 October – 16 November 2014
- Gosford Regional Gallery: 22 November 2014 – 4 January 2015
- Maitland Regional Art Gallery: 16 January – 22 February 2015
- Lismore Regional Gallery: 28 February – 12 April 2015
- Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery: 18 April – 31 May 2015
- Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery: 5 June – 19 June 2015
- Griffith Regional Art Gallery: 24 July – 6 September 2015
The Archibald Prize is an Art Gallery of New South Wales touring exhibition.
Link to: Art Gallery of New South Wales